Poem:Do You Understand What Is Wrong

Do You Understand What Is Wrong

and why I do not trust you, now?  Do you know
or do you care?  I do not want to explain it,
but it is not fair for me to expect you to know,
I suppose.  I should make it clear
what the harm is.  I think you understand,
I think it was told to you 
before it was done,
when things could still have been different.
I know, don't I, that it is not all your fault:
you only provided options, right,
that is what you will say.  It was not you
who made the choice.  But it was a choice
you made possible.  It was not there,
was not waiting to be had.  And you wanted this
to be the way it would be.  Even more, you chose
to push for it.  Chose to push things in one direction,
and it went that way, and now this is the way it has become.
And it is not good.  I am not good.  I have been hurting,
and it does not seem it can ever be changed for the better.
You want me to trust you, now.  You say it is help, you say
you want to do that.  The first help must be fixing the things
you helped to instigate.  That will never happen, I know,
but still, you want me to trust you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three