A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Fourteen

 I am still playing around with ideas for a new novel.  There are a number of subplots that are floating around in my head, a few of which are rather well-developed, along with other ideas that feel less fully formed at this point.  I'm also starting to get a stronger sense of the overall structure.  I'm still not entirely certain about the primary plot, although I have a strong premise for it and some sense of the general shape it will have to take.  I'm trying to discuss it without getting into the details because one of my big fears is that telling the story and its details before I start writing will relieve the tension I am feeling around it.  I have a strong desire to share this, and if the outlet I will allow myself for that is the actual act writing of it into a novel, that serves me, but I know that can be derailed if I talk too much about just what is in the story.  However, talking around it without including those specifics, that can help to build up the energy, I think.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three