Poem: Another Way Is Needed

Another Way Is Needed

but I don't want it, either,
I do not want to need it
or to take it.  I want to go
where I intended to go
and by the one route,
the one I expected
and prepared myself for.
I do not want another way,
another way is not the same,
and I do not know where it leads.
I do not want to arrive someplace else,
and I certainly do not want to arrive
having been through a journey
that made me too different,
that made it impossible
to arrive as the one
I want to be.  I do not know
what else to say about it.
I know I will be told it can't be,
told I must accept things,
must recognize how it is
as the way it will be
and adjust to it.  Take it
as it is.  No.  I cannot.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three