Poem: This Is Not Change

This Is Not Change

I do not think he is willing to sacrifice anything.  He says
he wants things to be better,

but it seems his idea of better is just his being the same
and me not being upset,

it seems that is what he wants.  It seems to be what she wants
too.  I mean my brother

and my mother.  They are the ones I am talking about.  They recognize
problems exist.  They are not happy

that problems exist.  But the problem is not what they do or have done,
it is not them.  I am the only problem.

The only problem is that I want them to treat me differently,
want them to stop doing what hurts me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three