A Writer's Notebook, Day Seven-Hundred-And-Fifty-Five

 I am beginning to push myself to write more poems each day.  I have been writing at least four, and I know I can press farther than that.  I feel that it is time for me to press myself again in this way, and I think I am going to begin that tomorrow morning.  I know that I sort of wore myself out for a bit, but I never fully stopped writing daily, and I have been doing a lot of other writing as well.  In the end, I am not really certain that their is any specific balance, but I know I work best when I have things planned out.  The bigger question is about how I can be a bit more flexible, without just allowing myself to slack off.  When I have a set amount of work I want to do, I will work and get it done, but I also recognize that it is useful to allow myself a bit of leeway.  A range might work, but I worry I would fall towards the bottom end of it too often.  I could create a plan based around a certain number of poems a week, where I have a minimum for each day and a minimum for the week as a whole, but I worry about making things too complicated, as I don't want to need to keep track of things that way.  It just plays into a lot of difficulties, and I know I am not the most reliable for that.  It may be that I just need to keep to a regular schedule and not worry about this issue, as I have had a great deal of success with that approach, but I also don't want to burn out again and am hoping that I can find a way to give myself enough slack to prevent that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is this whole blog thing for anyway?

Part Three Is Coming

Le Guin, Steering The Craft, Chapter Five: Adjectives and Adverbs (Exercise Five, Chastity)