A Writer's Notebook, Day Seven-Hundred-And-Fifty-Five

 I am beginning to push myself to write more poems each day.  I have been writing at least four, and I know I can press farther than that.  I feel that it is time for me to press myself again in this way, and I think I am going to begin that tomorrow morning.  I know that I sort of wore myself out for a bit, but I never fully stopped writing daily, and I have been doing a lot of other writing as well.  In the end, I am not really certain that their is any specific balance, but I know I work best when I have things planned out.  The bigger question is about how I can be a bit more flexible, without just allowing myself to slack off.  When I have a set amount of work I want to do, I will work and get it done, but I also recognize that it is useful to allow myself a bit of leeway.  A range might work, but I worry I would fall towards the bottom end of it too often.  I could create a plan based around a certain number of poems a week, where I have a minimum for each day and a minimum for the week as a whole, but I worry about making things too complicated, as I don't want to need to keep track of things that way.  It just plays into a lot of difficulties, and I know I am not the most reliable for that.  It may be that I just need to keep to a regular schedule and not worry about this issue, as I have had a great deal of success with that approach, but I also don't want to burn out again and am hoping that I can find a way to give myself enough slack to prevent that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three