I want to apologize for the lateness of my post today. Last night, I was out of town and only arrived home this afternoon. It being a quick trip,. I decided not to bring a computer and to do my work when I arrived home, so I will be reading the next chapter and writing today's post shortly. While I am on here, though, I wanted to return, momentarily to questions I raised earlier. One issue that I hadn't mentioned, although it is something that I have wrestled with previously, concerning the personal, is that I am not entirely comfortable speaking about third parties that I personally know in the context of written work. This is largely because those people are not present as I am communicating, and they have not given any actual permission for me to discuss them. That having been said, I do feel a bit of leeway about telling things of myself. For example. I feel very strange about yesterday, as it was Friday the 13th and I had a number of un...
Is He Gone, Now? Maybe he is just there, just where I can't see from here, around a corner or behind a car or anyplace so close but not observable from here. It would be nice to go, to get up and walk off, but if he is not gone, if he is there waiting? No, that is no good at all.
Today was an extremely productive day: I broke 65,000 words tonight, and am at the cusp of the real action of the climax. I feel far more assured about the ending than I had even a few hours ago, when I gave my last update, though I still need to ascertain some of it. There has been a bit of clarification on certain points, which makes it easier for me to begin imagining how it will work out. As mentioned, I need to balance two concepts with each other, and each one needs to fit with certain parameters. The overall ending will be unresolved, in some ways, and is going to need to be bittersweet as well. That has to develop out of these separate elements, and the individual pieces need to also be able to fit together in the right way. This, in part, has to do with fracturing the narrative, in a way that will create two distinct views on events that then have to come back together into a single narrative again at the end, without resolving the fracture. It...
Comments
Post a Comment