A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-Three-Hundred-And-Ninety-Three

My mother called to thank Melissa and I for dinner last night.  I am quite glad to know that it mattered to her, as it was kind of important to me.  One time I tried to pay for dinner with my father there and he refused to let me, and told me that I should treat my mother on occasion, and so I would offer to pay for lunch with her when it was the two of us.  I know he appreciated my doing it more than just as a bit of a joke, and I feel like he would have been happy to know I was still making an effort to do that kind of thing and to make her feel special and cared for.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is this whole blog thing for anyway?

Part Three Is Coming

Poem: Is He Gone, Now