A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-Three-Hundred-And-Forty-Eight

It is the first full day with my book available for pre-order and I am still just starting to get the word out, but I am hopeful.  I already have a few bits of press lined up, which I believe will make a big difference, and I am planning to keep pushing to promote it, especially during this initially period before it is actually printed.  Pre-sales make a huge difference in the publishing industry, so now is really the time when I need to be promoting the book.  I do feel a bit awkward about that, but I find that a bit strange, perhaps even suspect, since this is work that I am quite proud of and have poured a great deal of effort into, and it has taken me a lot to get to this point.  It shouldn't feel strange or uncomfortable to me to share that with people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is this whole blog thing for anyway?

VanderMeer's Wonderbook, Chapter Four: Narrative Design (Continued)

Poem: It Was A Promise