Poem: It is beginning to take shape

It is beginning to take shape

but only just beginning
and I have done nothing.
I need to be doing
a lot of things
I have not done,
need to be prepared
and take the right steps.
I have failed, though.
I think I can make it right,
perhaps, or else
I can just accept
that I don't have a way
to fix it all, or, better,
that it is not a matter
of fixing it, just knowing
and accepting what I am
and what I can do and have done.
Still, I am glad
there is something emerging.
It is what I will need
to meet my obligations
with any sense of honor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is this whole blog thing for anyway?

Part Three Is Coming

Le Guin, Steering The Craft, Chapter Five: Adjectives and Adverbs (Exercise Five, Chastity)