A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-Two-Hundred-And-One

My poetry feels very sharp right now.  I am not certain I can explain just what precipitates that, or what it really means, or if it is even the real truth, or just a perception I have, but it is how I am feeling.  It is, at least partly, a result of my just pushing through into some new creative spaces, which I think let me just unblock a bit, I guess.  I am still struggling with fiction, in general, I think, though I am keeping at it, and I think that is really the best thing for me to do.  Just repeating and continuing to work is the best way to get better at anything, really.  It's all about practice.  Maybe that is the truth about why I am feeling the way I am about my poetry at the moment, as well.  It is certainly true that I have spent a very long time practicing and working at that aspect of my writing in particular, though that does not explain why I feel as if it has been a shift just now.  In some way or another, I am certain, I must have stepped out of my own way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Writer's Notebook, Day Two-Hundred-And-Fifty

A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Fifty-Nine

Poem: Already Over