A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-One-Hundred-And-Ninety-Four

I have been working on a lot more non-fiction and essay type things recently.  In some cases, I find it difficult to really define them as essays, though it is in that general direction, even if there are eccentricities to my approach.  Some of it is stuff that I have been thinking about for a long time and just haven't felt ready to discuss, while some is more spontaneous.  Most often, really, it winds up as a sort of combination of those impulses, where I might begin with something new and connect it to other things I've considered writing about in the past.  I am not really certain what flipped the switch that I am writing these things at the moment, but I am glad to be getting these things out of my head and onto the page.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Writer's Notebook, Day Two-Hundred-And-Fifty

A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Fifty-Nine

Poem: Already Over