A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-One-Hundred-And-Ninety-Four

I have been working on a lot more non-fiction and essay type things recently.  In some cases, I find it difficult to really define them as essays, though it is in that general direction, even if there are eccentricities to my approach.  Some of it is stuff that I have been thinking about for a long time and just haven't felt ready to discuss, while some is more spontaneous.  Most often, really, it winds up as a sort of combination of those impulses, where I might begin with something new and connect it to other things I've considered writing about in the past.  I am not really certain what flipped the switch that I am writing these things at the moment, but I am glad to be getting these things out of my head and onto the page.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is this whole blog thing for anyway?

Part Three Is Coming

Le Guin, Steering The Craft, Chapter Five: Adjectives and Adverbs (Exercise Five, Chastity)