A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-One-Hundred-And-Ninety-Three

I have been working on two different stories for a bit and I feel like they both became interesting after I had already committed to them.  In each, I started without much more than just a basic premise and it was only after I had gotten to a point of feeling a bit that I really started to figure out what the stories were actually about.  In one case, I realized that there was a kind of twist that was coming, and am just writing to get there, and in the other, it was more just my coming to understand the exact perspective of one of the characters and what they know about things.  There is something, though, that is very hopeful to me in knowing that I don't need to really worry about what the story is going to be once I have a decent idea for how to start writing.  Even if all I have is a starting point, I can trust that once I get into it, there will be something more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Writer's Notebook, Day Two-Hundred-And-Fifty

A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Fifty-Nine

Poem: Already Over