A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-One-Hundred-And-Eighty-Eight

I feel as if I am beginning to break down certain barriers in my writing.  Part of this is just the fact that I have shifted through the work I am doing with conceptual poems.  That is a very different kind of work, and it takes me in a new and energetic direction that requires me to reconsider a lot of the assumptions I have worked within before.  As a result, of course, I am starting to find myself thinking about other things in new and different ways.  I don't feel that I am ready to discuss the specifics of these things, at this point, because they still feel rather nebulous and difficult to assess, and there is something to fear, as well, in that I could imagine convincing myself it is just silly and now what I am imagining it is.  At the moment, the best thing I can do is recognize where I am and embrace it as a space of possibility.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Writer's Notebook, Day Two-Hundred-And-Fifty

A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Fifty-Nine

Poem: Already Over