A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-One-Hundred-And-Eighty-Six

I keep pushing myself in terms of writing fiction every day, but if I am honest, at the moment I am more excited about the poems I am writing.  It still seems worth continuing to write fiction the way I have been, as I don't want to lose practice and fall backwards.  It's taken me a while to get to a point where I feel any degree of confidence that I can always come up with some kind of story.  In truth, it is still something that I struggle with, but I have been at it long enough that I am conscious of the fact that, if I don't give up, eventually something will emerge.  At present, though, I am finding it a bit difficult, and I think that is largely because I am in a different kind of creative space at present.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Writer's Notebook, Day Two-Hundred-And-Fifty

A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Fifty-Nine

Poem: Already Over