Poem: Something came but it was not when I was ready

Something came but it was not when I was ready

I did not expect it
or want it
in that moment.
That is fine.
I am not
in control
of when
the world goes
from this moment
to that one,
or how 
each is filled.
It happened
and I did not
allow it, did not
realize it was nothing
I could have changed.
It happened
and I am still here
but it is still
what happened.
I don't know
if that is 
easy to explain
or understand,
because I don't
have a clear way
to understand it,
to hold it.  I have
a beard on
so the mirror
will not show me
the ghost
that is beneath.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is this whole blog thing for anyway?

Part Three Is Coming

Poem: Is He Gone, Now