A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-One-Hundred-And-Eighty-Five

 As I mentioned before, I started working on what I am thinking of as "conceptual poetry", in the same sense as one would use the term "conceptual art."  It is a very different kind of challenge, I think, but I am finding it very exciting.  There is something to exploring something new, and with actually having to discover what I can achieve within the parameters that I have set myself.  I also feel as if it is work that is kind of daring and challenging to a lot of ideas around poetry, and that is itself a bit exciting.  There is something that I might call dangerous to it, though that might sound silly or overblown.  It feels like a serious artistic risk of a sort that I haven't fond for myself in some time and that is already significant.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is this whole blog thing for anyway?

Part Three Is Coming

Le Guin, Steering The Craft, Chapter Five: Adjectives and Adverbs (Exercise Five, Chastity)