A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-One-Hundred-And-Seventy-Nine

I am working on some new poetry that is quite a bit different from my other work, and I think it is an approach that I feel is somewhat new and different.  It is certainly something new to me and not based in things that I have read before and I am calling it "conceptual poetry," in an analogy to conceptual art.  These are poems which are kind of abstract, in a way, where the real poem is not the thing I am writing itself but an experience that I am asking the reader to enter through a set of instructions, for example.  I do not know quite how to describe it aside from referencing the notions that are evoked by conceptual art, if I am honest.  It may be that such a thing does exist already, and I am certain I can find that out, but whether it is something new or not, I am finding it an intriguing space to play within right now, and it has certainly opened up a new vein of creative thought for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Writer's Notebook, Day Two-Hundred-And-Fifty

A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Fifty-Nine

Poem: Already Over