A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-One-Hundred-And-Seventy-Six

I have to admit that I feel a certain relief at Biden choosing to step aside in the election.  For one thing, I am keenly aware that many of the claims Republicans have been making about him involve Biden being distinctly illiberal, the refusal to heed such a distinct call to step aside would play into that narrative.  Even beyond that, it was pretty clear that Biden faced an extremely uphill climb to win.  There is still, clearly, a fight to be had, but I have to admit that I feel a bit more hopeful about the chances that democracy might win at least one more round in this country.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Writer's Notebook, Day Two-Hundred-And-Fifty

A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Fifty-Nine

Poem: Already Over