A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-One-Hundred-And-Seventy

Last night I finished up working on the longer piece that I had been writing.  I had been working on it every night as the first thing I would do when I was starting my writing.  It was kind of nice, I found, as i had a place to begin and didn't need to start from zero right away.  I was also writing other things, including a great many additional stories, but having someplace to start was very helpful.  It is easy to sit at my desk and not write, and to make excuses if I don't think I have a good idea for a story or something.  So, tonight I decided to just start work on something else that I can keep running until I get to a point where it feels done.  I just sort of began the piece with a bit of dialogue and a scene that I already had in mind.   I don't have a great idea of where it is heading but I am excited to find out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Writer's Notebook, Day Two-Hundred-And-Fifty

A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Fifty-Nine

Poem: Already Over