A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-One-Hundred-And-Sixty-Seven

I am getting to the point where I am starting to feel like I am capable of kind of directing my fiction a bit more in some ways.  That is, I have begun to think about how to imbue stories with more specific meanings and directions, to make them about things in the real world in ways that are more direct.  In part this is my feeling like I have the ability to do a better job of this, and in part it is my beginning to accept the need to be more direct about some things.  I am still a bit hesitant, I will admit.  There is a degree of vulnerability in allowing certain ideas to enter into the work, at least for me, and I wasn't always prepared to do that, so it does not come naturally to me, even now, but it is becoming something that I am more and more comfortable with pursuing, and I feel like that is probably positive for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Writer's Notebook, Day Two-Hundred-And-Fifty

A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Fifty-Nine

Poem: Already Over