Poem: Maintaining the fidelity

Maintaining the fidelity

I forgot, but then I remembered
and I went back and did 
what I was supposed to,
though I will admit
it was only a small effort,
was not a great deal,
but it was enough
to at least be done,
at least enough
to be symbolic,
to represent
that I did it,
that I continued.
It is important
to have that,
at least it is
to me or for me
or with me, is a key
to how I keep going,
how I continue.
I do not know
if it that is true
or just the way
I imagine it,
but it is true enough,
has been good,
has worked,
has been my way
and I do not want
to test that.
It works enough,
at least in the ways
that it does work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Writer's Notebook, Day Two-Hundred-And-Fifty

A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Fifty-Nine

Poem: Already Over