A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Five

I have gotten a lot better at pushing myself to go further in my stories.  There are often points when I am writing where I feel like I have the central idea and the place where I want to take it.  In the past, I would generally be good just reaching that point, which is not a bad thing, really, but lately I have found that I am often getting there and recognizing that there is something in that end point that is worth exploring, and so I wind up taking things to someplace else that I hadn't expected.  It is happening more and more, which I just take as a positive sign that I am getting to a deeper place, generally, with my fiction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Writer's Notebook, Day Two-Hundred-And-Fifty

A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Fifty-Nine

Poem: Already Over