A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-One-Hundred-And-Thirty

I am preparing some fiction submissions and one of the journals that came up as a possible market for my work has a prompt for there next issue related to floods and flooding, so I decided to try and write some stuff specifically with that theme.  It is a fairly broad prompt, which I find helpful, personally, but I have to admit that the first story that I wrote tonight felt a bit disjointed, maybe, or uncentered, perhaps.  I feel like it was trying to get somewhere, but it was too much of the trying, to be honest.  I have time to work on more stuff, and it may be that I am wrong and this story works in some ways that I am missing at the moment, or at least I am keeping optimistic about that as a possibility.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Writer's Notebook, Day Two-Hundred-And-Fifty

A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Fifty-Nine

Poem: Already Over