A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-One-Hundred-And-Fifty-Six

I tried a kind of free writing exercise this evening when I was working on my fiction.  It was a change for me, as I don't normally use that type of process, at least not lately; there are certainly times when I have experimented with free writing, either on my own or as part of a workshop.  I have found it helpful, at times, but not necessarily great as a way to find a coherent story or anything of that sort.  I think that it did kind of work for me tonight, though the piece feels a bit vague and might need a bit more work before it feels truly completed.  Still, I can't help but think it suggests that I might be at a point, now, where my story-telling instincts are developed enough that I can trust them to kick in without much prodding, thus allowing them to emerge almost by magic when I sit down and write whatever comes to mind for a few minutes as I am beginning to work on a new piece.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Writer's Notebook, Day Two-Hundred-And-Fifty

A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Fifty-Nine

Poem: Already Over