A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-One-Hundred-And-Twenty-Nine

I am trying to think about how to get my stories to move in some different ways at the moment.  This isn't to suggest that I am not happy with the work I've been doing, but I realized tonight that a lot of my stories just end up with long conversations and not a huge amount of action, really.  I think there is a value in that, and I feel like a lot of those stories work very well, but I also recognize that I can do more and different things by finding ways to vary that.  It isn't that I don't want to be able to utilize dialogue of the sort I have been, but rather a way to push myself and diversify my skill set.  Besides, I never can say what I will discover or learn to create when I push myself outside my own mental boxes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Writer's Notebook, Day Two-Hundred-And-Fifty

A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Fifty-Nine

Poem: Already Over