A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-One-Hundred-And-Fifty-Five

I have been writing a new piece of fiction every day for some time now.  I am using the term fiction a bit loosely, if I am honest, as some of the pieces I write draw closely from my experiences, as I have said before, but that is really kind of besides the point at the moment.  What's interesting to me is that I find that sometimes I still feel as if I am not really working in some way.  I've had to train myself, largely, to just accept that whatever I write is valid.  I put it aside and don't consider if it is good or not, at least not immediately.  Of course, I can't really avoid some degree of thought about the work and its quality.  It is natural to feel one way or another about what I've just written, but I recognize that I need to keep that separate in some sense.  In order to keep myself doing the work the way I have been, I think it is essential that I just think of the writing as a simple act that only needs to be done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Writer's Notebook, Day Two-Hundred-And-Fifty

A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Fifty-Nine

Poem: Already Over