A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-One-Hundred-And-Fifty-Four

I had a bit of an unpleasant experience earlier tonight and I am still thinking about it.  I went to the grocery store to buy a chicken to roast for dinner tomorrow.  I was walking through the store, passing the frozen food aisle, when a teenage girl looked at me and shouted, "disgusting," then started to laugh.  She was with several other young ladies, and one older woman as well, who I presume to have been someone's mother, and all of them seemed to join in when they looked at me.  I assume that it is because of my weight, even if there was some other factor involved.  The fact is, this is not even close to the first time I've had this sort of experience, not even the first this week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Writer's Notebook, Day Two-Hundred-And-Fifty

A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Fifty-Nine

Poem: Already Over