A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-One-Hundred-And-Fifty

I know that there are changes developing in my writing at the moment, though it is difficult to really express just what that means or what I am sensing.  I don't have a clear sense, of course, of where things are moving, but I feel as if I am starting to open up in certain ways that I have found difficult in the past.  I think that a large part of this is just my feeling more comfortable within narrative spaces as an artist, in that my growth writing fiction has helped me to find the confidence and skill to express certain ideas and experiences that I have found challenging to depict.  That is, of course, only a partial truth, and the reality is much more about personal development, but it is harder for me to think of it in those terms, I suppose, largely because I have always protected myself, as a writer, by defending certain choices on artistic and philosophical grounds, which are not inauthentic, but which may exist, at least in part, because I was motivated to find them.  I am starting, I think, to strip some of that away for once.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Writer's Notebook, Day Two-Hundred-And-Fifty

A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Fifty-Nine

Poem: Already Over