A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-One-Hundred-And-Forty-Eight

I am feeling a little bit off tonight, as far as my writing is concerned.  There was a part of me that kind of wished I would just take the night off and not put myself through the whole process.  That does happen on occasion, and is often the result of my feeling a lack of clarity or inspiration about what I am going to write.  Lately, I've had a bit less of that, but it still happens and I have to admit that I can feel a bit tempted, at times, to just take a night off.  Usually I can fight through that, as I did tonight.  I think part of the reason is because I put my focus and pressure on taking action and doing the writing, not on the quality of the work I produce.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Writer's Notebook, Day Two-Hundred-And-Fifty

A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Fifty-Nine

Poem: Already Over