A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-One-Hundred-And-Twenty-Eight

One thing that I have certainly found in writing fiction is that I can really embrace a certain kind of playfulness in that work.  That element was always something that I had in my poetry, as well, but I feel like I am learning to let it kind of guide my fiction in a way that feels very exciting to me.  What is really wonderful, and it probably shouldn't be surprising, is that this play seems to be letting me discover new ideas and approaches that I can take as a writer.  Now, I want to be clear that when I call these "new," that is in terms of my own work, not as anything about these ideas in a larger sense, but I can say that they feel fresh and true to my artistic impulses.  Play is letting me get closer, I think, to something, is freeing me to find something authentic that feels like it is my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Writer's Notebook, Day Two-Hundred-And-Fifty

A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Fifty-Nine

Poem: Already Over