A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-One-Hundred-And-Forty-Three

I am feeling quite tired tonight, which is why I am doing my work so early.  This way I can finish up and go to bed earlier.  I think that will be better than trying to take a nap, as that often results in my sleep cycle just getting out of whack.  I do feel like the work I did tonight is quite good, and the story moved into a different space than a lot of my other work, as it was fundamentally realistic and largely drawn from my life, both of which aren't usually the first qualities that come to mind about my work.  Of course, it is still written in a way that reflects my impulses in terms of how it is executed, so it is not as if I suddenly wrote a piece of straight-ahead traditional narrative.  In any event, I feel like it might be quite good, actually, and cannot help but wonder if the fact that it is more grounded might provide a positive opportunity to submit it to places that aren't always interested in the type of more fanciful stuff I usually write.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Writer's Notebook, Day Two-Hundred-And-Fifty

A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Fifty-Nine

Poem: Already Over