A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-One-Hundred-And-Forty

I wrote another story about something being evil tonight.  It is not a great premise, but I keep finding myself playing around with it.  I suppose it is kind of a silly, fun, concept, and also something that I can always turn to for a story.  The one tonight was a bit different, as it was based on a friend of mine many years ago who named her toaster and claimed it was on a mission of world domination, so the idea didn't come from me scrambling for an idea.  The thing is, I am not really sure how I feel about writing these stories that feel very similar in some ways.  On one hand, I do not want to just keep writing the same things over and over, but on the other, I know every writer has there themes and I can also recognize that these stories vary a great deal, even when they have a certain overlap.  The real truth is, though, that I think I am better off not even concerning myself with this, at least right now, because it can only be the kind of thing that gets into my head when I am trying to write, causing me to second guess myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Writer's Notebook, Day Two-Hundred-And-Fifty

A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Fifty-Nine

Poem: Already Over