Poem: It came back

It came back

I knew it would.
I did not think
it was gone
or even missing, 
not really.  It was 
just a bit of trouble,
it was just me
not being there,
not being
in the space
to know and think
or notice
what was there.
I was closed to it,
was responsible
for not knowing,
for not observing
or experiencing.
It was not a choice
that I made, not a choice
but a state, a place within me,
a mode.  I was not ready
and it went wrong.
I can't help that.
It will be that way
at times.  That is the world,
is being a person in the world.
It is never going to be perfect,
will not always go right or even well.
I know that.  I accept it
and it is better.
If I had panicked
it might not
have come back
so fast.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three