A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Eighty-Nine

When I came up to my office, I was still trying to think of an idea for a story, and I kind of sat around for a while, not certain just what to write, but I did have an image in my head that I had pushed as idea previously, as I wasn't really sure how to use it or if it would work.  Of course, it was the only idea that I had in my head and so I went with it.  If I am honest, I am not blown away by the results.  Don't get me wrong, as the story might be quite good, or it might be crap.  I am really not certain.  But what matters more, I think, is that I gave that idea a real shot and followed it through.  I think that attitude matters, that it kind of encourages ideas to percolate, as if a part of my imagination knows it is only worth the effort if I am willing to put in the work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, Day Three-Hundred-And-Sixty-Nine

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three