A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Eighty-Eight

I wish I were better able to communicate the shift that I have been experiencing in relationship to my short fiction.  In large part it is probably just a matter of confidence and familiarity, if I am honest.  I've been writing these stories consistently for a while at this point, so it makes sense that I am getting to a point where it feels more comfortable to work in this mode.  I am acclimating, and that makes it easier in a lot of different ways.  I think it may be that the real boon I am experiencing at the moment is just the sense of having developed a certain degree of capability just through repetition, but that is, in some sense, still just an explanation of the process by which those changes have occurred and not an explanation (or even a real description of) the things that have changed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three