Poem: What has happened

What has happened 

that I am not standing
against this, am not
making it clear
where the boundary
needs to remain
a boundary.
I am allowing
my own defeat,
am agreeing
too much,
am not strong
right now,
am not rested.
It is not right,
though. I know
it is no good
for me.  I just
do not have
the energy
to explain
or argue.
I wish it felt
as if you
could understand
my perspective
without that,
as it stands
I find it hard
thinking of you
as on my side.
I feel an opposition
exists between us,
that we are in
conflict.  I know
you don't realize that
because you see it all
from that only one viewpoint
which you are willing
to call correct.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three