Poem: Maybe there will be time

Maybe there will be time

despite my slowness,
my choice to wait
before beginning.
I hesitated, was slow
and tired and not ready,
so I waited a bit,
which was good,
I think, was right
and a good choice to make.
It was self-care, I think.
That seems a good term for it.
I made the choice
to prioritize my own needs.
And now, I think it will be fine,
that I will still be done
when I need to be,
that I will still have time, even,
for other things.  I intended
to have time for other things.
That was part 
of starting earlier.
Maybe it will all be fine
at least this once.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three