Poem: I was quiet until it was time

I was quiet until it was time

but I was not asleep.
I was just quiet
and waiting.
I was waiting
and being supportive,
or readying myself
to be supportive.
I knew
it would be
needed.  I guessed
it would be
needed.  You 
do not find it
easy.  I know that.
I waited
and was there.
I wanted to be ready.
I wanted to be there.
It was why.
I did not change,
it was only different
in that I stayed
instead of going forward.
I waited
and was there.
Most days
that is nothing
you would need.
I think
it may even be
you are happier
to have the time alone,
and that is fine,
but today,
I knew it was different.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three