Poem: I want it to be different

I want it to be different

and am willing to work for that,
am willing to do 
what is needed
to change things,
but I can't change them,
or can't do it
if it is only me,
and it is not possible
to fight against your refusals.
You won't allow change,
won't let anything be different
even if it would be better.
You only want
what you are accustomed to,
or maybe that is the wrong description.
You refuse any kind of change, though,
that is the truth and you don't deny it,
have said it, have been direct.
I can't fault you for that.  You are honest.
But you are honest
about wanting it to be this way
even when you know
I am suffering
because of how things are right now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three