Poem: I just want evidence

I just want evidence

that it can be,
but what is there
to prove what is possible
except the possibility itself
coming to fruition.
But still, I can't keep trying
and hoping and waiting
without knowing.
If it cannot be
this is all a waste
and I am letting it rule me,
am being destroyed
or having my life eaten away.
I can't have it be
that I am putting it all in
on what won't ever work out.
I need to know
it is possible. I am told
to keep going, to try
and wait and hope.
But that is not enough.
I am not alright
with giving up, of course,
but futility is no good, either.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three