Poem: I am mad, too

I am mad, too

Mad at the way
things went,
at how 
everyone behaved.
I do not dismiss
anyone from that.
I am not saying
that anyone was right,
and all I want
is to know
you can say that too,
can accept
your own role,
but you will tell me
it was nothing you did,
will deny it
without considering
that it might not be
the truth of things.
You have declared
yourself the victim,
have decided
you are correct
and anything
that contradicts that
is just cruelty,
is an attack.  I know
that is what you
want to think.
It makes you feel better,
I suppose
to call yourself
the innocent one,
but it is destroying
our relationship.
I wish I thought
you would care about that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three