A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Sixteen

Yesterday was a really unpleasant day.  I had a big fight with my mother that actually was about things with my brother, and I tend to think she was probably shoving herself into the middle of things that she really shouldn't be involving herself in.  I am feeling pretty raw at the moment and am not entirely certain what I am going to do.  Really, I should probably be talking with my brother, but I am still quite upset with him about things.  We have talked several times recently, but I have been distant in those conversations.  I am afraid that if I don't keep my walls up, he will take it as a sign that things are fine or that it is alright for things to be this way, that I am accepting his response to recent events as reasonable.  I suppose I mean that I don't want to normalize the current situation.  I don't really feel like talking with him about things at the moment, though.  I just don't believe it will be productive or positive, but I think that I have to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three