A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Twelve

I often struggle with my fiction writing.  The problem is usually to do with finding a focus for the story, a situation from which it can grow.  I don't really believe that is the actual problem, if I am honest, I think it is just the particular way it manifests.  I tend to think that the actual issue of what to write about is never the real problem, that it is more about confidence or some other internal factor.  The thing is, the plot and premise and all of that are the easiest part.  I am always finding ideas for stories.  Ideas are the easy part, as I have said before.  I think that it may be a matter of my making myself write more than one piece of fiction each morning.  Writing more might help me to push through that initial uncertain phase, the way that it did with poetry.  I have to think about it a bit more as I don't feel ready to go there yet, but I also realize it might be something where I just need to push myself before I feel prepared.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three