A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Nineteen

I wound up waiting to write again today, which worked out fine, as I didn't have much planned.  I was just doing stuff around the house, and I knew that Melissa was taking the car and would be busy most of the afternoon, so I didn't have to worry I wouldn't have a chance to get it done.  The thing that is interesting is that both last time and today the waiting actually gave me a chance to let an idea percolate a little and I think it resulted in my writing stories that I might not have otherwise.  I have to believe that it isn't actually necessary for me to blow through a deadline for that to happen, really, that I can engage that process in a more directed way, but the fact that it happened both times does give me some sense that I can push myself in that way and get the results I am hoping for.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three