A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Eighteen

I woke up this morning with no desire to do my writing.  In part, I think it is because I let myself slack off a bit in the morning yesterday, and a part of my mind wants to try and get away with that again.  It is one of the reasons why a dedicated practice is so important to me: I know I could easily stray into idleness.  That is why I write each day at the same general time, why I make it a kind of daily ritual for myself.  Even after just one day's disruption from that schedule, I am already fighting that demon, procrastination.  I'm glad to say that I won, that I did my work and am now finishing up by writing this blog entry.  I am hopeful that, having followed through today, it will be easier again tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three