A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Seventeen

I am posting this rather late in the day, at least in relation to my recent habits.  This morning was busy and I decided to wait and do my work a bit later, which actually worked out quite well for me in this case, as it gave my mind a chance to percolate on some ideas and I came up with a piece of flash fiction that I rather like.  It involves snails.  I find that a great many of my stories involve animals, often in strange roles.  In this story's case, the snails are causing a nuisance by smoking cigarettes.  It is not a very long or complicated story, to be honest, but I appreciate the playfulness of it, if nothing else.  Mostly, I am just glad to have been inspired with an idea for a story.  A lot of the time, in recent days, my flash-fiction has mostly been micro-memoir with a slight veneer, which is fine, it just isn't what I prefer to be doing at the moment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three