A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Ten

I woke up at around a quarter to five this morning, but I didn't get myself out of bed at that point.  I tried to go back to sleep, and I probably did get a few more minutes of rest, but I think it was probably a mistake, if I am honest.  I think that I might be better off if I had gotten up at five instead and gotten through my work early, and then I could always go and take a nap later, anyhow.  The problem is that trying to sleep for that last few hours was not pleasant and leaves me with the feeling of having tossed and turned in bed for a long while, even if most of the night was more peaceful than that.  Beyond that, I've heard that when you wake naturally like that, it is usually easier to transition into being fully up, that it is following a natural process towards wakefulness.  That might just be bunk, of course.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three