Poem: You want me to tell him

You want me to tell him

and I do not want to talk to him again,
and if I did talk to him
I would not want to say anything nice or kind.
I would want to be honest
and discuss all the things that are wrong.
He does not understand 
that he has done more harm,
that things are degrading,
are getting worse again.
I blame him.  He would blame me,
I am certain.  We are both wrong
and both right, but 
I can, at least, admit that much.
The things I want
are the things he promised already.
He won't admit
that he obligated himself.
He made the promises
but they are nothing
because he wants to break them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three