Poem: You Are Not An Innocent in This

You Are Not An Innocent in This

I went back for myself
because I knew
I would be mourning it, soon,
would be banished
and unable to return,
and so I went
to have closure
and try to gain something,
to have something special
I could hold and remember
and instead, I had you
and all those people
you invited.  It was not good
and I am not fine with it
and I need you
to own the harm you did to me.
You want to feel safe, demand
that things not be done
that cause you upset and pain.
I cannot do that 
until you do something
to make this right.
Of course, it is too late for that.
The only way
I would feel better
is if you made it different
and we can't change the past.
I don't have another solution
or a way to heal this.
It is for you to find that,
if it is possible.
I hope it is, really.
I don't like this pain
that you burdened me with.
I would be glad
if you could relieve it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three