Poem: I worry about that poem

I worry about that poem

If you were to read it...
It says things in it,
it says true things
about my thoughts
and my feelings
and they way I am,
about how I consider you
and what you have said
and expresses doubts
and concerns.  I am afraid
and the poem is blunt, I think,
is honest about what is wrong
or what may be wrong
or what I am uncertain of
and do not trust.  It is 
not a kind a poem.  It is not.
I know it is not a kind poem, at all.
It is an honest poem, though.
I worry about you reading it, one day.
It may be you won't understand,
if that day is far from now
and you have no context,
have forgotten certain specifics
or do not associate them
with the poem.  Maybe
you will read it
and never know.
What scares me most
is that you will understand
and I won't know.
I worry it will sit between us.
I did not write it
to communicate with you
or do any harm.
It was not the intent.
I don't want you to read it.
It was not meant for that.
It is not a communique.
I wrote it as a poem
for other people
who are not involved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three